Thursday, April 21, 2011

Going Up....

I came to the realization today that I haven’t taken the elevator at work in at least 5 weeks. Well maybe I have been in it once, but it wasn’t my choice, I was going to lunch with the guys and they took the elevator. What was I supposed to do tell them they all needed to take the stairs with me? They do, but that isn’t my place, so I bent to the pressure and took the easy way. But normally I make a conscience effort stairs up the 3 flights to my office. I even try to go outside once a day to see the sun and meander around the building. So that is at least 6 flights up per day…and do the math with me…six flights down. After 5 weeks of that, I thought I would be pretty conditioned to climbing stairs, so today I decided to take them 2 at a time and you know what…it kicked my ass. I am once again humbled. No worries though, the stairs may have won this battle, but not the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment