Monday, August 2, 2010

Trendsetting

So I posted Friday before my run and set out. Week 3 day 3 was going well when during my second walk all of the sudden there was a man running at me. It was kind of dark, not totally dark but the street lights had come on and I was trying to figure out why a man was running at me (Just a little freaky). I didn't see that he was chasing his pitt bull.... luckily for me a super loving playful pit. It could have ended badly but instead it just ended with a lot of sniffing and a shortened walk time. Then during my last run, chased again by a medium sized dog that could really haul ass, but we just ignored him and kept going I am glad he didn't want to stray too far from home. Today Bassett Hound....I really hope that people learn what leashes are, or how to hold onto them. I am thinking of pepper spray as an addition to my running gear.

I went to the Nike store on Saturday and bought some running gear. I had a 30% off coupon, (actually I had 3, the guy in front of me scored big when I handed him one on his way to the counter, he had at least $500 worth of shoes and clothes, took him a minute to realize what I had given him he gave me a big grin and thumbs up...people are funny!).

Today I ran in new compression shorts (what a sexy name for spandex) and a dry-fit shirt. I almost couldn't tell I was sweating. I will never run in cotton gear again. Also as a super score, my armband came one day early, I love amazon prime. If I could only strap my dog leash onto my arm my hands would be free.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it through the 5 minute run, I kind of panicked when the podcast said you are half way through your 5 minute run. The second one was harder but I pushed through. I hope Wednesday is easier. I saw this link: http://c25k.cze.dk/ when I was looking for what next week entails and most people suggest slowing down when you have trouble with a distance. Running slow is still running...and running is getting us from point a to point b.

I don't care if I am running the half marathon at most peoples walk pace...I will finish. At least that is what I tell myself :0

Week 4:
5min warm up, 3min run, 90sec walk, 5min run, 2.5 min run, repeat 1x
cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment