Thursday, July 8, 2010

mile 0, the inspiration

Last night I made a decision, I would start the journey from lazy bones to runner. I have begun and quit the couch 2 5k program at least 3 times. I always find excuses as to why I don't have the time to commit to the workout ("I am tired", "I am PMSing"," it's too HOT", "oh, NCIS is on"). But this attitude is the same one that has led to the demise of my figure. What used to be strong and powerful is now wiggly and jiggly. And that makes me reach for the Haagen-Dazs and continue my downward spiral.

So when my best friend sent me a link for the 2011 Princess Half Marathon at Disney World with only the words "interested??" in the subject line I sat and pondered, came up with a million excuses as to why I didn't want to do it: it's 900 degrees here in FL, training now will suck, half marathon in February; is there even enough time to train for that? I hate running...

But there was another nagging at the back of my mind: Pssst...your not getting any younger, you want to get in shape, you want your jeans to stop screaming when you button them, you want work clothes (any clothes for that matter) to look good on you. You want to shun the couch in favor of the sun and hot breeze. Sweating feels good. Think of the bragging rights you'd have.

In the end, the fitness voice won and today I begin my journey to a runner.


No comments:

Post a Comment