Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I think my dog hates me

This morning my run went OK, except the big brown eyes staring at me as I dressed in my running clothes. My dog used to run with me, but with the weather (80 degrees today at 5am) and the fact that I really want to concentrate on running and not worry about potty stops I decided that on this training adventure I would run alone.

So this morning Dixie followed me around the house in virtual darkness as I gathered my clothes, phone, and shoes. Her tail wagging happily waiting for me to get the leash. Then I opened the door and she realized she wasn't invited. Her head sunk...the tail slowly stopped and those big beautiful brown eyes looked up at me and broke my heart. Poor girl, don't worry I'll be back soon and by then you will be cozily sleeping on the couch, forgetting you were left at home.

The one thing I did realize today was that running with a head cold is tolerable (I keep saying "running" but that isn't a good description of my awkward jog/walk). I sound like a 20 yr smoker because of my cold, but other than that and a little sinus pressure it wasn't too bad. Which reminds me...time for more Sudafed.

I didn't do any yoga yesterday because I couldn't breathe at 5am when I woke up. I got up but felt like crap and I could barely talk so I decided downward dog probably wasn't the best way to start my day. Maybe tomorrow I will give it a go, if the sinus pressure lets up a little. One more run to go on week one and then off to week 2.

On a side note. I really need to get an armband for my phone. I have been just carrying it while I run, but that isn't going to work out so well as I increase the actual amount of time I am running. I tend to drop stuff when running, and busting my new phone would put a damper on more than my day. So my quest for this weekend, find armband.

1 comment: