Tuesday, June 28, 2011

slow, cranky and wet

well the title about says it all. I have been lacking a bit of motivation since moving to Virginia. I don't feel comfortable running in the dark and 5pm is a little humid and hot for running. Tonight it rained on my commute home so I thought I wasn't going to get a chance to run but it stopped right as we got home. I hemmed and hawed...ate some dinner and decided that instead of having seconds for dinner I would run. Halfway through my run it started sprinkling...I just kept thinking ran or don't but this halfway crap is doing nothing but getting my glasses wet and it's annoying. Then it started a steady slow rain and I immediately thought...shit, sprinkling isn't so bad. It did make for a beautiful rainbow on my last leg home though.

I am trying to get myself ready for a half marathon in September in NH, but I am not sure if I will be ready. I am totally committed to the December Half, but the September seems a tad close when I haven't run a step over 4 miles EVER. I think I am scared of 5 miles :( and that means I am terrified of 13.1. Baby steps to the finish line...and lately all my runs have been baby steps, so I guess I am getting closer.

The scenery here is beautiful, it's green, lush and even smells pretty, especially after a good rain. I still like it more than Florida, but I am ready to fall into a routine and have my training weeks fly by and be running up the double digits like it's natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment