Thursday, June 16, 2011

Disappearing posts.

So I started typing a post and it disappeared... Don't know how that happened but it did, glad I only wrote two sentences and not paragraphs.

I am finally in Virginia and getting settled quite nicely. I was supposed it officially start my half marathon training on Monday but I was so exhausted that I didn't manage to get out and run until today. I ran three miles, given that there were hills through my whole run I don't feel too badly, but I have definitely lost some stamina and fitness since my last run. K~ thinks that the next few months are going to be really busy for him work wise, maybe lots of travel. I hope that will give me time to train the way I am supposed to.

So now that I am getting down to training seriously I am going to start keeping track of my food intake. One of my secondary goals is to lose the 30 lbs or so I need to. As of this morning I am 180. My ultimate goal would be 140, but I am not sure if that is realistic or not. So I will aim for 150 then reevaluate.

My new job has a pool, so I am going to cross train in the pool and do laps. I found a 0-1600 meters training program that I may attempt if I can manage to get into the pool 3 times a week. I don't really think it will be an issue, but we are still working out the commute situation. K~'s job has him traveling to another work location, which may be inconvenient for carpooling, but we will see.

Tomorrow I am going to attempt another 2 miles. For now relaxing and figuring out that I need to do to get a car registered here in VA...and I suppose I may need a drivers license as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment