Saturday, June 25, 2011

Conquered

So I have been in VA for two weeks, and when I went for my first run I couldn't even run the whole mile to the end of the road...HILLLLLLLSSSSSS were killing me, Kissimmee was really flat and it almost felt like I was starting over. I hadn't been running in about three weeks and I apparently lost some stamina during that time. This morning I got dressed and set out, I am not sure what my speed was, but I only walked twice in the 3.30 miles... I RAN ALL THE HILLS. It's a funny thing, I didnt walk any of the hills, I walked twice on the flat area...this made me realize that I get really bored when the terrain isn't changing, flats make me want to quit, slight inclines and declines keep life interesting. I am also more concentrated on the running when I don't have any technology with me. Having my GPS with me makes me want to check it when I get bored or distracted....that just makes my run feel sooooo long. Today all I had to occupy me were my thoughts...Keep breathing, look at the pretty house...oh a bunny and shit girl pick up your feet. When I get tired I stub my toes, which really hurts in VFFs.

till my next run....

No comments:

Post a Comment