Monday, May 2, 2011

Four-mile barrier…

So yesterday, I conquered my four-miler. I have only once previously run that distance. Then I quit running... but not this time. Last night as I was running, around the 2 mile marker I started to question why I was out there running. I was getting tired, my left foot was tingly and I thought, “shit my couch is so much more comfortable than this sidewalk.” But then as I let my mind wander a little I realized all the reasons I had to be thankful for my ability to get out there and run.

It is amazing the things that run through your head when you just turn off the world and listen. There was nothing but the breeze, my crazy ass brain and me. Let me tell you, there is some twisted thoughts running around up there, it’s no wonder I don’t listen much. I scare me, and I make me laugh. I am sure it would have been entertaining seeing me run down the road making alternating offended faces and giggling, but the 3rd and fourth mile just kind of went by…and I didn’t die.

No comments:

Post a Comment