Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Legs!

Today was an early day, up at three to take K~ to the airport. By 5:15 I was sitting in my truck trying to nap until it was a respectable time to go to work. I was barely awake and Starbucks wasn’t even open… so much for the much needed energy boost.

I was already contemplating my excuses for not running tonight, it’s hot (of couse it is FLORIDA weather sucks), I am tired (duh, 3 hours of sleep will do that to you), I have to pack (no shit you are MOVING in 2 weeks and a few days). I have excuses like nobody else.

But as I was formulating my best excuse and surfing Facebook (there really isn’t much else to do at 5am in a parking lot, and sleeping wasn’t working) I messaged a friend regarding her post, I could tell from the tone something was wrong. I was right… her fiancĂ© stepped on an IED yesterday. He is now down one leg and part of a hand (I am flippant because that’s how I handle bad news). Reading that was like a shot in the gut, S~ is a young, fun, energetic crazy ass, and he deserves to all his appendages.

So now I am sitting at work, my mind racing and I feel like a long run or a really short all out sprint will help quell the voices fighting for air and release some of the stress that is building as I sit here unable to help in any way.

I was definitely looking for motivation for my run tonight, but I was thinking more along the lines of being chased by a dog, or needing to get out of the house because the kid was driving me nuts, not this. I think that every time I try to shrug off a run I am going to remember that I am lucky to have all my parts, and that they are all in great working order, if only we could all be so lucky…

No comments:

Post a Comment