Wednesday, September 29, 2010

MEH

Today and Monday I felt kind of blah about running. I forced myself to go each day but my heart wasn't really in it. I need some sort of motivation boost. Is there a pill for that? I guess half the battle is making the motions. I didn't make the whole 2.5 mile run on Monday. Partly because of the dog and then I used the dog as an excuse. I guess everyone has their bad weeks.

Today I did try something new. I ran with NO music. It was kind of nice to just hear my breathing and thoughts running through my head. I didn't know I had so many random thoughts. Nor did I realize what I sounded like when I ran. Huffing and puffing sucks. I tried to play with my breathing and foot work but I don't know how effective that was, I think it just helped the time pass.

I discovered that my biggest hurdle is that I get bored when I run. I also noticed that I get bored at intervals. Boredom first strikes at about .68 miles, and then again at 1.8... on my shorter runs I try and just cover that last .2 miles so I can get finished. I wish I had some ideas as to how to fight this road block (no pun intended... running/ road...blocked...haha)

Now that I started the 10k training (I didn't run last weekend, shame on me I only managed to get on the elliptical trainer once) I feel as though I am at a loss for time, because there are supposed to be more and longer workouts. 2 hours lost to commuting, a one hour lunch (WTF that is SOOOO long) and then the preparation/eating of dinner before I know it seems to be time to work out, then time shower and bed. I really hope that readjusting my schedule next week will help me gain a little more time in my day. I am hoping to go to work 30 minutes earlier and take only a half hour lunch so I can get out 1 hour earlier. Then I would get home at 5 not 6, that sounds so nice....More time to relax, more time at home. Maybe that will give me the boost I need to rededicate to the training.

1 comment:

  1. I am staying at my job which actually makes this easier- more time to run. Also, i joined weight watchers, which is working so far (only a week and a half in). It was so much easier to run when was 20 pounds lighter (last year).

    I too get bored, I can not even imagine being so bored for more than 30 minutes. I think it is time to shop itunes for some new music.

    ReplyDelete