Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back from Space

So obviously I made it safely back from my free fall excursion. It was the most exciting experience of my life. I was in free fall for 74 seconds, fell from 14550 feet and had a smile on my face for the rest of the night.

But now that I am back down to earth I thought I would go out running again. I only ran 2 miles but it felt good to get out there and stretch my legs. I didn't manage to run at Ft. Benning because I wasn't sure where it was ok to run nor did I feel like running, but I did end up missing it, never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

I need to run a bit slower. I am starting out too fast and running out of steam too quickly. I also didn't bring the puppy today, I traded her in for some hot pink mace. Oh the things you can buy on an Army base. :) Try following me now F*%@ers!!

Back to the grind stone Monday. I am thinking of running a 5k in 2 weeks just to say I did it. Gauge my progress. I honestly don't know how I am ever going to get to 13.1 when 2 miles is kicking me in the hiney! I ran into a link for a 5K next weekend here about 3 miles from my house, I was really excited until I realized it was "clothing optional" I guess it would be an scenic run, but not quite my cup of tea.

On a side note Nike+ came out with a new app for iPhone that uses the iPhone GPS without the sensor in the shoe for $1.99 (so now I don't have to come home and map my run after I finish running). Score!

Off to shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment