Wednesday, September 1, 2010

bad combo, good combo

Heels + Nike = BAD
Flats + New Balance = GOOD

So I was going to take a few days off from running because my leg really hurt Monday when I tried to run. I was wondering if there was a reason my leg hurt, was it my heels, or my sneakers? Tuesday I went and bought 2 pairs of flats so I could go to work and not wear heels. And tonight my leg felt much better. I decided to go for a run and see if it really was feeling better. I wore my non NIKE running shoes and guess what. No pain...well only a little pain. I cramped up at about the 1 mile mark but it was very mild compared with Monday's run. I pushed through and adjusted my stride a little and it passed (OH I figured out I lean to the right a little when I run, that may be contributing to the right leg pain).

So I completed 1 28 minute run this week and 1 1.6 mile run this week. I am going to keep on trucking... in my NEW BALANCE and FLATS.

I kind of felt like I could have kept going...Dixie was dragging ass. Monday I put her back in the house after the warm up walk she whined at the door. She wasn't going to be left behind today though. I hope I am not pushing her too hard but she always runs ahead of me so I think she is pushing me.

1 comment:

  1. in one paid of (newer/more expensive) Asics sneakers I get immense outer shin pain, in the cheaper older ones (new balances) i have no pain... its magic.

    are we registering soon or are we waiting until october? is kim still in?

    ReplyDelete