Saturday, July 23, 2011

Not Just a Cold

Last Tuesday night (July 13) I was standing in the living room contemplating if I really needed to put on pants and head to the store. Don’t get me wrong, I know I need pants to go to the store my contemplation was, did I want to make the effort to put on pants and go to the store. N~ came to visit for Fourth of July and most kindly gave both of us the plague (ok maybe it was really just a cold). But I was feeling lazy and didn’t really want to leave the house but the curiosity was killing me. I hadn’t been feeling myself for a few days. I was cranky, tired and couldn’t get out of my own way. But it didn’t feel like just a cold, nor did it feel like the same ol’ PMS that I was used to.

On Monday, K~ made our morning latte’s and because I was running a little behind he put mine right into a to-go cup. As pulled out of the neighborhood, picked up my cup opened the lid and took the first sip of heaven, only heaven tasted burnt and acidic it made my mouth water and my stomach turn. My plague was a little stranger then I previously thought.

This “odd” feeling mixed with the fact that when I finally went through my emails on Tuesday I found a “period reminder“ from my iPhone (yes I realize that is lame, but I am a busy girl and I have lots going on, I don’t want to have to remember my period). My email simply stated, “ Your period is expected July 10, 2011”. Usually I get that reminder and I am like, duh…I know that, a girl knows her body. But this time it was 2 days late, I am NEVER two days late, one day early, two days early… but never LATE!!!

So I put on my pants (I know the signs only say “no shoes, no shirts, no service ”…but I still think without pants they would have made me leave) and told Keith I was running an errand. He wanted to know where I was going, but I wasn’t saying. He said “Ohhh, usually that’s a good sign, you’ll come back with something good” (that really made me giggle). I replied with “I am going to buy a pregnancy test…” jaw dropping ensued, followed by a few reallys and a nice. Good Response ☺

After peeing on the stick (well 2 actually, if I had a third on I would have made Keith pee on one as a scientific control) the results are in, I am pregnant. We are still absorbing the shock of it, but we knew we wouldn’t be able to keep the secret long so we told the parents, sisters, brothers and a few close friends last weekend

So from all my reading, running is fine as long as it's comfortable, but right now I am still hacking up a lung so all cardio is on hold. But I think I am out of half training because I don't know if I am supposed to add milage during pregnancy and I am only up to 5 miles. My new plan once I am healthy is to swim 3 days a week at lunch and run 2-3 days, 2 on a treadmill at lunch so I can jump off if I feel bad and maybe one weekend day outside.

I haven't posted anything on Facebook (so you all are in my confidence) and please if you are friends with me there as well, no posts till I post first.

No comments:

Post a Comment