Monday, July 11, 2011

Cross training and lunch workouts

I still have a cold, but I am not coughing as much as I have been, so I worked out. I went to the pool at work.. And it made me feel so out of shape, and I have been running for a few months now.

I am having trouble getting myself to work out in the evenings so yesterday I decided to start working out during lunch at the pool or gym. This is going to make me embrace a piece of training equipment that I have been avoiding like the plague...the DREADMILL... Today was in the 90s and tomorrow may reach 100, that isn't good for running. Tonight I am going to set up my iPod with a bunch of killer music because I get so bored on the wheel that I want to quit after 5 minutes even if I am NOT tired. I don't have that same problem outside when I run without music... Meh, here's to the new leaf for loving A/C. Then in the fall when it is cooler during lunch I can run outside during lunch... I can't wait for the fall...

As for cross training I am going through a 0-1650 swim trainer. The point of the this program to condition me to be able to swim a nautical mile in six weeks. I have always loved being in the water and I used to swim EVERYDAY at lunch when I was younger and in much better shape. I miss those days.

Here's to new schedules!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment