Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 2 or 2.5

So I think I am on week 2 of the 10k training but I am supposed to be on week 3. I didn't realize Saturday that I was supposed to be running 3.5 miles not 3. I think a jump to 4 will be too much. So I call this week 2.5. I am going to run 3.5 this week, and only do one week of 4 instead of 2 and miraculously I will be all caught up.

Run went ok. It was a good stress relief. There's a bunch going on with Memere, she has breast cancer and osteoarthritis. What an awesome way to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness month, I am aware already...I really didn't need another reminder. You know what else is awesome, 1 first degree relative with ovarian cancer at 50, 1 second degree relative with breast cancer (and a hysterectomy because of pre cancer activity) and a third decree relative with secretive ovarian cancer (she didn't tell anyone, and we are kind of speculating the cause of her death).. maybe not a genetic win on my end.

And today I feel frumpy. Even though Keith tells me that I am a logical person and there is no way I have gained so much muscle and not lost any fat. I agree, but still not one f'ing pound in 3 months of running. I am hoping that now that my class is over and there will be no more cakes and cookies and donuts I will start shedding some more jiggle.

Off to shower my stench away. On the upside, my new work schedule rocks. I am going to try to hit the pool tomorrow on my way home from work. Gotta love work perks...YMCA membership for me thanks :)


No comments:

Post a Comment