Monday, July 15, 2013

Technical Error

Yesterday was my first run in almost 2 years, in fact it was 1 year 355 days since my last work out. 

It was humid and warm, like a normal mid-Atlantic summer day. I tried using all my technology to track my run. Five minutes in I realized my voice prompts weren't working in my app, I felt a vibration and started running...then realized I was on week 4, definitely not ready for that. I modified my week and finished. 
Nike+ thought I was going much faster and much farther than reality. It said I went 4.17 miles and averaged 11:19 per mile. Simply not true, I ran 3.37 miles and well I was MUCH slower. Don't make me calculate it, I don't want to, it will make me sad. Maybe too many gadgets trying to access my GPS chip?? 

Today I am a little sore but nothing too painful. In fact, I was just climbing around on a boat with relative ease just a little bit of heavy legs. I think I want to skip right to week 2. I am going back and forth with this decision but I felt really good out there yesterday and think the 30 more second of running per cycle wouldn't kill me. 

Looking forward to Wednesday.

4 comments:

  1. over three miles already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's my new blog: http://valleyofthesauls.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. moved it to: http://valleyofthesauls.blogspot.com/ so my daily mile gadget would work!

      Delete
  3. It was a walk/run. But still done.

    ReplyDelete